Wednesday 25 May 2011

Particles

After all my modelling was done, my next task was to make a wave of dust blow across the wasteland.
I didnt know anything about this kind of things so I had to lookup many tutorials on the following topics
  • Particle emmiters
  • Gravity fields
  • Air fields
  • Collisions
  • texturing
This is a VERY basic first try.

To  make it look like dust I had to play around with the gravity turbulence and air fields, they are like controllers you use to move the particles around, first thing I did is to make an air field to blow the sand across the field, I animated it going back and forth to duplicate the wave motion, I also made another one at the middle to make it look even more like a wave, next I added a gravity field, but this just made it bounce around and look silly , so I had to turn it down but now some of the particles where flying off, so I added another gravity field just above the wave to bring down any unruly particles.

Last thing I did was to add a turbulence field to give some nice randomness to it.





unfortunately once the particles where imported it added 15minutes to each frame!! so there was no way it could be used.

No comments:

Post a Comment